NASA 2020 City/Hotel Finding
Aight, Hotel finding. There's a ton of hotels that can host an event of our size (3000 sq ft), so I'm making this thread hoping some of y'all could help finding good ones.
1. 3000 sq ft or more meeting/conference space.
2. Dedicated wired internet in that room, minimum 10 mbps upload speed.
3. At least one 24/7 restaurant within walking distance.
4. Travel to airport isn't butts.
5. Bedrooms are less than $300 per night.
Ideal/Bonus Stuff to look for:
Airport shuttle to hotel.
Arcade nearby (or other group event stuff, rollercoasters, waterpark, etc)
First thing I do is look for major airports which would be easier to fly into, then for hotels nearby, then for which of those hotels have 24/7 restaurants nearby. Alternatively search for areas that have the most restaurants, and then for hotels. Any city which is an 8 hour drive of Toronto (DarkAries limit, who is bringing the bulk of tech) is fair game.
Here is a list of larger cities within that range:
Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
Smaller cities can work too, as long as there is transit to get to the venue (max 1 hour from airport).